Through your interactions and relationship with us you are trusting us with information that is important to you, and we want to be transparent about how we use it.
Here we describe the privacy practices for our products, services and websites, (the “Services”). We describe the data we collect, how we use it, your rights over your information, and the measures we take to keep it safe.
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on our websites. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Information we collect from you
We collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us: This includes information you provide when you:
- Enter into a sales contract with us
- Provide information to us that is necessary and relevant to the delivery of our services
- Use of our websites, including creating user accounts and passwords where these are required
- Subscribe to services offered by us or register for our events
- Register to receive downloadable information, newsletters or other information
- Send us a request to contact you
Information we collect about you: We collect information about you and/or your business in a number of ways. These include:
- Information we collect about you or your business through performing our serviced sales activities
- Information we collect about you and/or your business from third party sources, for example, credit reference agencies
- Information we automatically capture when you visit and use our websites. This includes the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We also collect information about your visit, including items you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages and any phone number used to call our customer service number
Information we received from other sources: We obtain some data about you from third party sources. These include:
- A carefully selected marketing database that we use to inform our market analysis and sales targeting activities. We also occasionally use this information for targeted direct marketing, but only where the data is provided to us with consent to do so
The information we collect and process may include your:
- Name, title, position and employer details
- Contact information including postal address, e-mail address and phone number
- Details about your business
- Contact preferences and interests
- Payment details such as bank account or card details Content of any enquiries submitted to us over our website, by email or post.
- Technical information about the use of our websites and online services, such as your IP address, browser type and pages visited
How we use your personal information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To respond to queries that you may submit to us
- To provide our services and products to you, as covered in our Terms and Conditions
- To provide product and technical advice to you
- To perform our business operations
- To perform credit control and fraud management activities
- To comply with relevant regulations, professional standards and internal controls.
- To manage our customer and contact database
- To perform direct marketing where we have consent
- To operate our websites and online services
- To administer visits and events
Legal basis for processing your information
We rely on several legal bases to process your information. These include:
- Performance of, or entry into, a contract: We process your personal data to allow us to deliver the services and products to you under our Terms and Conditions. We would not be able to deliver our services and products without this personal data
- Where we have a legitimate interest in doing so as a supplier of pesticides, seed, crop protection, nutrition and services: These legitimate interests include our interests in providing product and technical advice to our serviced customers, performing our business operations, performing credit control and fraud management activities, managing our customer and contact database, operating our online systems and websites, managing events and visits and responding to queries
- Where we have your consent: We use your personal data for certain direct marketing activities where we have your consent to do so. We may also share your data with selected third parties in-order for them to contact you about services complementary to our own. Each time we do this you will be asked for your explicit consent
- Compliance with legal obligations: We use your personal data in-order to comply with relevant legislation
Sharing your information
We do not rent or sell your personal information to any other organisation or individual In a small number of circumstances, we share some personal information with partner organisations who provide services that are tightly aligned and complementary to those we are providing to you. We only share this data where you have provided your consent on a case by case basis.
We do share information with our service providers and business partners who process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy. These providers and partners provide us with various services including:
- Order fulfilment
- Provision of information technology platforms, infrastructure and related services
- Online systems and website design and hosting
- Payment processing Document printing
Where we store your personal data
We use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical controls to maintain the security of your data. Whilst no method of transmission or storage of data is completely secure, we do continually review, invest and improve our security controls to address areas of risk. We store most of your data either on servers in our own data centre, or data centres operated by our Information Technology partners. In nearly all cases this data is located and accessed by staff based the UK or European Economic Area (EEA).
Retention of your personal data
We keep information about you and your use of our services for as long as necessary for our legitimate business interests, contractual and legal reasons. We keep data about you for different retention periods dependent upon the nature of that data. For example:
- Information about your trading history with us, along with details of the technical advice we have provided, is retained for 8 years
- Contact Information is removed from our contact database and mailing lists after 24 months if you have not opened our emails or clicked any links during that period
- Information about your visits to our websites is deleted after 26 months.
We may keep your data for longer than our stated retention period if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
You have the following rights:
- The right to access: You may request access to any personal data we hold about you. Where requested, we will provide details of the purposes of the processing, the types of personal data we hold and the people to whom your personal data has been disclosed.
- The right to rectification: You may ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold. You also have the right to restrict the processing of personal data whilst the accuracy is checked.
- The right to erasure: You may have the personal data we hold about you erased provided it is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected.
- The right to restrict processing: You may ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to data portability: You may ask for the data we hold about you transferred to another data controller.
- The right to object: You may ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes or where processing is based on legitimate interest.
You also have certain rights as to how your data is used for automated decision making and profiling. We do not process your data in this way.
You can exercise your rights, including making a subject access request, at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to make a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. For more details please visit the ICO website.
If you have questions, suggestions or concerns about this policy, or about our use of your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We, us and our refer to UK Amenity LTD or UK Agriculture LTD and our various trading brands.